On the July 30th 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Brad and Peter went to the “Some Assembly Required” art show at Iam8bit gallery
- Brad enjoyed hanging out in Los Angeles after Comic-Con at /Film HQ
- Peter experienced the 49 Boxes in a mausoleum.
- Jacob went to a two-year old’s birthday party and watched Jaws in a pool
- Hoai-Tran dyed her hair purple and went to a Kesha concert (unrelated to each other).
- What we’ve been Reading:
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter watched The Meg and interviewed director Jon Turteltaub
- Jacob experienced House and subjected himself to part of Day of the Dead: Bloodline. And yes, he also saw Mission: Impossible – Fallout.
- Hoai-Tran saw Mission: Impossible – Fallout and Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again.
- Ben saw Die Hard at Nakatomi Plaza
- Brad saw Mamma Mia, Love, Simon and Gleaming the Cube
- Chris watched The Prestige on Hulu.
- Peter is considering getting rid of all his physical media, but should he digitize beforehand?
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad and Peter went to Cinnaholic and Boo’s Cheesesteaks
- Jacob fell off the wagon and ate Cooler Ranch Doritos like a war criminal.
- Brad found Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Oreos.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Brad has been playing the recently updated Jurassic World Alive.
Other articles mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Slash Film