On the July 31, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: Comic Con at home, and Ben’s Lost-inspired office.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter went back to a theme park with Knott’s Taste of Calico event. Watch our video of the event here.
- Brad was able to get all of the Comic-Con exclusives that he wanted, received $250 in KFC gift cards for liking Secret Recipe Fries.
- Hoai-Tran guested on Chris’ 21st Century Spielberg podcast.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Jacob and HT watched Ju-on: Origins.
- Peter watched the first two seasons of How To Sell Drugs Fast (Online) on Netflix.
- Jacob watched 2009’s Star Trek, Relic, Crawl, Impetigore, Amulet, Devil’s Gate. He is also re-watching The Boys.
- Ben rewatched Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- Brad watched both seasons of What We Do in the Shadows, first few episodes of Muppets Now, the first season of Love on the Spectrum, The Old Guard
- Hoai-Tran watched the Indiana Jones movies, The Adventures of Tintin, and Ocean Waves.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad tried Tropical Froot Loops, Hostess S’mores Cupcakes, Ben & Jerry’s Netflix and Chill’d Ice Cream, Taco Bell Grilled Cheese Burrito,
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob is several sessions in with the two online RPG campaigns he’s running.
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
The post Water Cooler: Ju-on: Origins, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, How To Sell Drugs Fast (Online), Muppets Now, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Love on the Spectrum, The Boys, Ocean Waves appeared first on /Film.
Source: Slash Film